Tuesday, January 21, 2014

snow days & storage wars

This won't be the most interesting post, but life can't always be parties and caramel rolls.

We had a pretty quiet weekend. I worked from home on Friday, Monday was a holiday, and then today was a snow day. I may or may not have spent less than 5 hours in real pants over the last 4 days.

But we did get one major thing accomplished this weekend. We finally organized and packed up our Christmas decorations. Like I said, not very exciting to you, but hugely exciting to me.

We went from this:



To this:



































































I've never been so happy to see an empty room, and I love an organized closet.

We also finally hung a few things on the walls. We haven't hung anything downstairs yet because a quick google search told us we didn't have the right hanging mechanism to avoid damaging the plaster walls. It's kind of a pain. Have you ever been in an old house that had picture rails? Well, they aren't just for convenience - many homes had them to avoid crumbling walls. Plaster and wall art don't get along.

That didn't stop us from hanging our starburst mirror and some frames upstairs in the master bedroom, which was thankfully added to the house after drywall was invented.

This mirror is ridiculously difficult to hang.
Jon says we can never move it again. Deal.





































Success!

It's still pretty sad, but this constitutes a snow day around here. I'll try to keep my northern weather snob comments to myself, but at least it actually stuck to the ground this time. My southern husband even got to shovel for the first time ever. He didn't know what he was missing. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment