Friday, September 27, 2013

The Friday Unhappy List

Everything is supposed to be all fun and games on Friday, but I'm facing a serious problem right now. Squirrels are eating my pumpkins.

Remember how I shared my finished porch photo just a few days ago? The pumpkins were whole and happy. My porch was festive. I was proud.



Pride cometh before the fall. Squirrel: 1. Katie: 0.



So today's unhappy list is this:

Squirrels that eat pumpkins. I didn't even know this was a thing, but I'm not going to let them win. I will not settle for fake pumpkins. This is war now. I want real pumpkins, and I will fight to protect them. I'm armed with hairspray, vaseline, pepper flakes and other human things that squirrels supposedly detest. I'll sleep outside to protect my pumpkins if I must. I might even use deadly force (I live in Virginia now where we apparently love guns). It's me versus the rodent in a battle for the pumpkin's honor. Wish me luck.



0 comments:

Post a Comment