Friday, September 20, 2013

The Friday Happy List

Today I'm happy about all the things we're going to do tomorrow. I need a break from "work" house stuff to do "fun" house stuff so we're hitting the road for a little MD/VA adventure.


Antiques I'm not really sure "antique" is the right word here. I'm not looking for an $8,000 ornamental couch, but I am looking for some one-of-a-kind novelties for the house. Our first stop is a huge tag sale that spans multiple barns. I'm thrilled. Jon is cooperating.


Wine It will probably be raining by the time we hit Virginia wine country, but that's ok. I can sip wine indoors just as easily I sip it outdoors. We'll both probably need it after spending an entire day together in the car navigating unmarked country roads. 


Fall It's still a little early for it to look quite like this, but whoa, Virginia, you know how to bring it during fall. I guess I live here now. Weird.


Apples You can't drive near farms this time of year and not stop to pick some apples. I have a love/hate relationship with apples, but right now we're in love so I'm going to pick away. Just to be extra nerdy and domestic, I ordered some canning supplies so I can enjoy my apples all year long. 


And some bonus happiness that has nothing to do with what we are doing this weekend. As you may have heard, the National Zoo welcomed a new baby panda a few weeks ago. We love us some panda here in the DMV, and today they released this video. It makes me ridiculously happy.


0 comments:

Post a Comment