Friday, October 11, 2013

The Friday Happy List

I love these Friday posts because they keep me honest as a blogger. Even if I don't have time to post anything all week, I try not to ignore this post because it makes me happy (hence the name), and it gets us all caught up. The theme for this week is rain and shut downs. I can't think of a more miserable time to visit D.C. For the first time ever, I've actually felt sympathy for all the tourists. Everything is closed and it's literally rained 24/7. Sorry 'bout that.


Fireplace. We went from sunny and 90+ on Saturday to 50s & rain. I love fall, but I don't love rain. On the bright side, this has been a great excuse to put our fireplace to work. It was one of the few things on our must-have list when we were house hunting. Sometime I'll write a whole post on that must-have list. It's fun to look book and see how things turned out.



Fall Decor. The squirrels may have eaten my pumpkins, but they can't eat my indoor decorations.


Yellow vest. I love puffy vests, but I kind of look like a marshmallow in them. I found this vest while I was supposed to be browsing, not buying. I had to have it. I'm wearing it today, and I really don't care if I look like a marshmallow because it's so cozy on this, you guessed it, cold and rainy day.



Gravity. I was a little skeptical, but also pretty curious about this movie. It's not something I would typically like, but it was breathtaking. We saw it in IMAX 3D, and I definitely flinched/ducked when space debris was flying toward us. I felt like I needed a massage after the movie because it was so tense and stressful.


Vintage maps. We went to the Art on the Avenue festival in our 'hood on Saturday. I had no idea it was such a big deal. Hundreds of vendors, thousands of people. It was so hot, and we almost didn't make it to the end of the line, but I'm glad we did because one of the last booths we visited was a vintage map collector. We found 3 awesome maps from the 1800s - one of the district, one of Arkansas, and one of Dakota. Can't wait to find a place to hang them.




Packers. This could go on the list every week, but especially this week because we are headed to an actual game! The Packers play the Ravens in Baltimore this Sunday. We couldn't pass up the opportunity to go to the game since Charm City is just around the corner. Go Pack Go!


0 comments:

Post a Comment