Friday, August 23, 2013

The Friday Happy List


Orange is the New Black. What would happen if someone probably a lot like me (a WASP-y yuppie) got dropped in prison for 15 months for a 10-yr-old offense? It's a fascinating look into a world that is both humiliating and humbling, but also heartwarming. I was touched by the many stories of compassion the inmates showed for one another. We also really enjoyed the TV show (available on netflix only), but this is your official warning that it is crass and would probably offend some of you. (Mom, I'm talking to you. Don't watch it.)



Mumford & Sons. Have you ever given someone a gift that you secretly hoped you could keep? Yep, that's me right now. We gave Megan and Aaron tickets to go see Mumford & Sons (and friends) in Guthrie, OK for her birthday. It's part of their Gentleman of the Road tour. I'm insanely jealous, but also insanely excited for them. 




NBC Soccer commercial. There is only one kind of football in my book, but this commercial makes me laugh every time. 




Eating Pizza Out of the Box. Our kitchen is in boxes, and we've neglected to pick up paper plates. We ordered pizza at about 8:30 p.m. last night as we were driving from the new house back to our apartment. I brought the pizza box to bed with me, ate it right out of the box, and then fell asleep. I am not ashamed. It was glorious. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment