Saturday, April 9, 2016

baby's first baseball game

You may remember that it was opening day 2015 when we found out I was pregnant. I got the call that morning and met Jon at the ballpark a few hours later where I presented him with a little league baseball that said "Baby Hardin Coming December 2015." This was the look on his face. It will always be one of my favorite memories.

Fast forward 1 year, and we were right back at the ballpark again for opening day 2016, this time with said baby in tow. I'd say life has changed just a bit...

Of course I was a little nervous about how Charlie would do during a long baseball game - especially now that he's grown out of the I-can-sleep-anywhere-anytime newborn stage. Well, it turns out I had nothing to worry about. Charlie LOVED the baseball game. He was completely mesmerized by all the sights and sounds, and he apparently thinks the sight of Mom in a baseball hat is the funniest thing in the world.

He just sat in my lap and watched the game. He is definitely his father's son. He wore his headphones during the opening fireworks and to help take a little snooze during the 7th inning stretch, which was interrupted by cheering for a Bryce Harper home run that even the headphones couldn't muffle. We made it through a 1.5 hour rain delay (another napping opportunity for Charlie) and lasted until the very last out just before 9:00 p.m.

Alas, the Nationals didn't win, but I'd still say our first game was a major league success.

opening day 2015 vs. opening day 2016
P.S. I also have to give the Nationals props - the new nursing mom's room is amazing. I was able to just nurse Charlie in our seats during most of the game (yay for roomier, cushy club level seats!), but once it got a little cold and a little past his bedtime, we moved to the nursing mom's room. It's outfitted with nice chairs, plush changing tables and the game on TV. I have a feeling we will spending lots of time there this summer. :)


just taking a little rain delay snooze 



i'm too busy having fun to smile. 
checking out the nursing moms room

0 comments:

Post a Comment