Friday, June 19, 2015

bump watch: week 7

This is the week when I realized more than ever that I am indeed pregnant. I thought I was tired before, but I had no idea what was coming. The trip to Oklahoma for my sister's baby shower zapped every last once of energy I had. I got home late on Monday night. I didn't unpack my suitcase until Thursday evening. Normally, I can't stand an unpacked suitcase, but I just didn't have the will to do it between my many, many naps.

Thank goodness I work from home. I really have no idea how people get through the first trimester with "real" jobs. It's no joke. My diet this week mostly consisted of crackers and ginger ale. Sometimes something random will sound good to me - watermelon, strawberries, cheesesticks.

This is also the week of being a work widow...again. Jon has been gone almost non-stop for three straight weeks. He basically knocked me up and then left town. I would declare him a deadbeat dad, but he has promised me over and over again that he is going to be really nice and helpful once he gets home. I love that he works so hard for our little (growing) family - I just wish he could do it closer to home more often.

I told my family about the baby while I was in Oklahoma. They are sworn to secrecy, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to tell them in person. Their reaction was priceless. They were very surprised. I waited until the baby shower was over and we were taking a break from cleaning up. I presented her with one last present from me. I casually played it off as something silly. It was a Christmas-themed outfit for Abby with an extra special note to her inside that read:

p.s. I hope you don't mind that I got a matching one for your soon-to-be baby cousin coming December 2015.



There was a lot of screaming and tears after that. And I could finally tell them about how exhausted I had been all weekend! I must have really been a trooper because nobody suspected a thing. The next day, we went shopping for baby things, which is somewhat impossible when you don't know the gender (although we are all convinced it's a boy). I came home with some books, toys and a super soft gray onesie. This baby is already being spoiled.

0 comments:

Post a Comment