Wednesday, June 17, 2015

bump watch: week 6

If this pregnancy had a motto so far, it would be "Never hungry, always exhausted". I don't know how many times I've picked up the phone only to have people tell me I sound tired. Yes, I know. And yes, I am.

The eating thing is a catch 22. I'm grateful I'm not throwing up all the time, but I'm also never hungry. I feel better when I eat so I force myself to do it. Eating is my favorite so this is an especially upsetting side affect to me. I'd  also be happy to give up the constant feeling like I'm riding in the back of a car.

In those rare moments that I am hungry, there are basically two things that sound good to me: chicken breast sandwiches from Subway or honey nut cheerios with strawberry slices. I've also been craving Starbucks refreshers lately. The midwives have a pretty strict diet, and I'm really hoping they don't ask me about it at my first appointment. I'm pretty sure none of those items are on their approved list, but hey, this baby is not into kale and spinach these days. Sorry, I'm not sorry.

On the bright side, it's been easy to give up those things I'm not supposed to have because none of them sound good to me anyway: sushi, alcohol, etc.

Speaking of sushi, here's a little story I love. Jon has been traveling a lot lately. He was gone all last week, is only home 1 day this week, and then is gone again all next week.

Jon: Guess what I had in Houston that I haven't had in a really long time?
Me: What?
Jon: Sushi!
Me: Are you just trolling me?
Jon: [As he realizes that his pregnant wife, who he just left home alone for a week, can't eat sushi] silence.

0 comments:

Post a Comment