Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Two Broken Ribs & A Partridge in a Pear Tree

We had an interesting weekend in the Hardin house. Two things that have never happened to us before happened. I decorated for Christmas before Thanksgiving, and Jon broke 2 ribs. One of these hurt more than the other.

The Bad

We've both *almost* fallen on the stairs a few times, and we've both thought it was only a matter of time before one of us really fell. I thought we had years. Jon made it happen in a couple of months, and it was a doozy. Installing a stair runner has now moved up the to-do list. The good news is that he is getting a little better every day. The bad news is that it will take about 6 weeks to fully recover. We leave for vacation in 4 days. This could be fun! :/

The carnage. Jon was carrying some laundry down the stairs when he slipped.
Yes, as many people have pointed out, this was a very extreme measure to get out of laundry duty.

The Good

Our house is starting to look rather festive. If you know me, you know that I love Christmas. I normally consider it a crime to decorate before Thanksgiving, but since we're out of town over Thanksgiving and it's so late on the calendar this year, I needed to get a head start since we're hoping to host a holiday open house in just a few short weeks. I'm so glad I jumped the gun because I have no idea when Jon will be a contributing member of this family again (as they would say in the South, "bless his heart").

Christmas decorating has officially started!

0 comments:

Post a Comment