Sunday, September 13, 2015

bump watch: week 27

We are just back from a lovely vacation in Hawaii. I'll post more about that once we have the photos downloaded for maximum jealousy, but I thought we needed a little Skippy update in the meantime. 

we borrowed dad's jersey for our football viewing today.
a packers maternity tee is on order. :)
Today marks the start of week 27 - depending on how you're counting (I swear nobody can agree on how long human gestation really lasts) I'm either in the last week of my 2nd trimester or the first week of my third trimester. All I know, is that I'm officially in uncomfortablemester. Skippy is due exactly 3 months from today.

All things considered, I really can't complain, but when has that ever stopped anyone? Ok, but seriously, I still feel pretty good, but I'm slowly watching the other shoe drop as the glorious 2nd trimester slips away.

Sleeping is becoming more difficult by the day. The jet lag certainly hasn't helped in that department either. I had a great run in Hawaii thanks to the king size beds and extra pillows. I built a little pillow fort every night and it was glorious. There isn't quite enough room to spread out like that in our queen size bed at home. I might have to kick Jon out at some point. If rolling over in bed used to be a quick, smooth U-turn, it's now the equivalent of a 3-point turn.

I had to sit down in church today because I thought I was going to pass out. It's pretty embarrassing to not be able to stand through three little songs, but I finally put my pride aside when I thought about how much more embarrassing it would be if I actually did pass out. I knew it was time when the stage started to blur. I thought it was ridiculously hot in the sanctuary, but Jon assures me it was just me...and the other pregnant lady in our pew who was also sitting down. Granted, she's due any day now, but it still made me feel better to be in good company.

I also managed to sprain my neck right before we left for vacation while....wait for it....warming up a muffin in the microwave. I showed up to my chiropractor with my tail between my legs, but it turns out this is incredibly common during pregnancy. He snapped everything back into place and I was on my happy way. And by "on my happy way," I mean I boarded a less than stellar 8.5 hour flight with ice pack and heating pad in tow. I've been on longer flights before, but none felt as long and uncomfortable as that one. Luckily, by the time we got to Hawaii, I was already on the mend and was back to 100% after a couple of days.

My current ravings are Caesar salad - don't worry, I didn't forgo all the delicious island food for salad, but I did have one at the airport on our way home - and peanut butter, honey, banana sandwiches. The last couple of days, I've been dreaming of an apple dumpling, but I haven't fulfilled that desire....yet.

Skippy, we tried to pick a name for you while we were on vacation, but I'll be honest, it felt weird to call you anything but Skippy. I promise it won't stick, but we just can't seem to come up with anything we like better....yet. I think you had a great time. You were very relaxed the entire vacation. I even worried about you a few times because you were so docile, but as soon as we landed in Dallas, you started doing nonstop karate. I guess coming back from vacation isn't your favorite thing to do either. Maybe someday we'll take you back to Hawaii and show you all of our favorite places.

It's good to be back, but now it's back to reality. There is a nursery to finish, birth classes to attend, a pediatrician to find, football to watch, and the list goes on and on and on. It's all very exciting, but also a bit overwhelming.

0 comments:

Post a Comment