Monday, August 3, 2015

bump watch: it's a....

BOY!

The biggest event of week 20 was finding out the gender. I guess Mama knows best because my hunch was right all along. My first thought when the sonographer told us was "oh, boy." It's going to be an adventure. I'm not really sure what to do with little boys, but it's going to be fun figuring it all out!

Most importantly, Skippy is happy and healthy...and completely uncooperative. I would expect nothing less from someone who is probably going to be just like his dad. It took over 45 minutes for the sonographer to get all the measurements and information she needed. Skippy was perfectly content to keep his head down, hands in front of his face, legs crossed and not move an inch the entire time. We really thought we were going to have to leave without finding out the gender. Thank goodness the sonographer was incredibly patient with our little guy.

In other ultrasound news, Skippy is already in the 95th percentile for weight. OH, BOY. I immediately emailed my midwife and she assured me that this is completely normal and it doesn't mean this growth rate will continue. The more I think about it, the more this makes sense. I feel like Skippy just had a huge growth spurt the week before the ultrasound. We went from 0-60 really fast. Just over 1 week again, I didn't even own any maternity clothes, and now I have very much "popped." Hello, baby belly.

Everything feels a lot more real now. This is both good and bad. I like thinking about names, shopping for boy clothes and browsing for nursery decor. On the flip side, everything I was putting off until after we learned the gender is now coming back with a vengeance. I have less than 20 weeks, give or take to be ready for this baby boy. Eek!

0 comments:

Post a Comment