Thursday, April 30, 2015

30 by 30: Month Two

This was a slower month for the list because I was busy planning and throwing my sister's baby shower, but I still got a few things crossed off the list.

2. Read 30 books. I'm about halfway through Moneyball, and I just started Crime and Punishment, but Eek! I better get moving.

4. Make Royal Icing. Katie: 1. Royal Icing: 0. I've successfully made perfect royal icing TWICE in the last month. This culminated in some adorable tea-themed cookies that we gave out as baby shower favors.

8. Blog every week. I've already missed this one (twice!), but I'm hoping to make up for it by squeezing in more than 1 post/week in the upcoming months. I figure if I blog 52 times by my 30th birthday that should count. I made the list so I make the rules.

15. Beat Jon at Settlers of Catan. More Settlers was played...and lost. This one may the hardest of them all.

16. Host more dinner parties. We hosted an Easter brunch that was quite lovely. Jon has been traveling so much lately that other hosting has been put on hold, but I have high hopes for this summer.

22. See the cherry blossoms at daybreak. We came, we saw, we conquered. Definitely glad this one was on the list or we never would have done it!

23. Memorize 12 verses. I memorized Hebrews 3:13-14. I taught on this passage for Bible study last month so it was almost inadvertently committed to memory. That's a nice bonus to teaching on a passage.

"But exhort one another every day as long as it is called "today" that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. For we have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original confidence firm to the end."

28. Visit 5 National Park sites. We visited the Independence National Park Site while we were in Philadelphia. Even better, it was a new one to me. 1 down, 4 to go.


0 comments:

Post a Comment