Thursday, July 17, 2014

a new job

After 4.5 years working at a small tourism development company in DC, I recently switched jobs. I really enjoyed my former job where I had some of the best colleagues around. I'm grateful I had a job, and even more grateful I had a job that I liked, but it was time for a change. When we moved to Alexandria, my commute grew to about 1 hour each way. I thought I would make it a few months, but I lasted 10 months.

I wasn't actively looking for another job, but I kept my ear to the ground in case something interesting became available. Lo & behold, someone shared a job opening on the neighborhood listserv several weeks ago that piqued my interest. This is a good lesson in actually reading listserv emails. The opportunity sounded perfect, I applied, and the rest is history.

I started last Wednesday, and everything has been a blur since then. I'm working with a great team of people at a small, boutique marketing recruiting firm. In layman's terms - we find & place candidates for marketing-related jobs in the DC metro area. I'm doing a lot of in-person training these first couple of weeks, but after that I'll be working from home full-time. I'm going from a 1-hour commute to no commute at all. I may never wear real pants again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment