Friday, June 13, 2014

happy father's day

I may be just like my mother, but let's not forget dad. He deserves some blog love too. [Are you reading this, Dad? Probably not, but that's ok. I still love you.]

Dad is top cheerleader, chief chauffeur, proud embarrasser, prolific hugger, patient shopper and shopping bag holder, top suitcase handler, resident softy, generous giver, buyer of the good snacks, teacher of sunflower seed spitting, fixer of some things, breaker of more things. He used to embarrass us with his goofy antics (sometimes still does), but now he mostly embarrasses us by telling anyone who will listen how proud he is of "his girls." I mean, c'mon, who wouldn't want a dad like that?

He probably wanted a son who would hit baseballs and learn how to tackle. Instead he got two girls who wore pink, liked barbies and had him wrapped around their fingers from day one. I certainly wouldn't have it any other way, and I bet he wouldn't either.

And just for some added sweetness, here is a clip of the teddy bear himself. Remember that home video project we did for Mom's birthday? This might be one of my favorite clips. It's my 3rd birthday and Dad feels terrible that he has missed some of the celebration due to a little mishap at work. The tenderness melts my heart (and I love how he starts explaining how a tow truck works to a 3 yr old...typical Dad).


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment