Monday, April 14, 2014

company & catching up

It's been two weeks since my last blog. Oops! I'm not really sure where the time goes, but I have a sneaking suspicion that company, baseball, cars and yard work have eaten up most of April, which is apparently already halfway over.

My parents came to visit the first weekend of April. We had fun going to the Nats home opener, checking out a tag/barn sale in Maryland, eating good food, and going to see The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee at Ford's Theater. We also did a little car shopping. Even though Jon and I commute into DC together, it's becoming increasingly more complicated to be a one car family out in the 'burbs. We've been gradually checking out some options so we can hopefully purchase something in the next few months. [If you have a small-midsize SUV that you love or hate, I'd be interested in your thoughts.]



my barn sale find was this great lamp!

Since then, it's been a blur of more baseball, yard work, spring cleaning, more car shopping, happy hours, lunch with friends, church potlucks & picnics, and so on and so on. 

spring!
i guess this means it's time to get the yard in shape....
sometimes i get to have lunch with this little guy. it's the best.
and sometimes i get distracted by shiny things...
A couple of other notes while I'm catching up...

We had a pretty epic April Fool's Day. Jon fooled me into thinking our car was on the fritz. This is not exactly the most impressive joke, but he never fools me so it was impressive on that fact alone. [On that note, I'm not really sure what Jon was thinking with this one. All it did was make me realize how much we need a second car because we really would be in a bind if our one car did break down. So basically this little joke is going to cost Jon several thousand dollars.]

Even more fun was the prank we pulled on Dad. Mom gets him every year, and sometimes we team up to help. Since they were due to visit us later that week, I worked up a good story about someone from my office bringing back a case of diphtheria that had potentially infected all of us (I work in tourism development so my coworkers are often traveling to faraway places). I told him I was probably going to be quarantined and that their trip might be called off. I must have been incredibly convincing (although it doesn't usually take much) because he totally bought it. I laughed so hard I cried.

I'm almost done with my Dubai posts. I lost a little steam, but I'm going to power through and hopefully finish up this week.

Last but not least, the two best things from last week: 1. This awesome shirt from my friend who works at the Washington Free Beacon. 2. Our new Nats license plates - wouldn't they look even better on a new car? ;)



0 comments:

Post a Comment